jueves, 15 de enero de 2009

Watching the inauguration

I don't know how many people around the world will watch the presidential inauguration next week. Millions and millions I suppose. We don't have a TV and very slow internet service, so have invited ourselves to a friend's house to watch it with her. My love for my country is probably typical of people who have spent a lot of their lives living outside of it. I can see her flaws with an outsider's eye, and her strengths with an insider's heart.
I know some people who are incredibly excited about the Obama presidency, I know others who are, well, not. I personally am praying that God will protect our new president and give him great wisdom and courage. Who would have thought that one of the most challenging moments of our country's history would intersect with this historic changing of the guard?

No hay comentarios: