sábado, 10 de enero de 2009

Pictures 1

The first day of the seminars we do for couples in ministry, we take a picture of each couple. Then the ladies make a pretty frame to put it in and they take it home as a remembrance of the days we have had together. Some couples are quick to put an arm around each other and smile for the camera, other couples have to be reminded that they are supposed to at least look like friends. Almost always there is someone who isn't satisfied with the first picture and ask me to take another one. Since it is often the only picture they will have as a couple, I don`t mind redoing one or two, even though I can rarely see what was wrong with the first one. Its a fun activity that means a lot to them. I enjoy doing it. Digital cameras make it even more fun when I can crop the picture or brighten up the colors and things like that.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) going through pictures on the computer when we got home to Santa Barbara I came across one taken at Christmas-- face to face with a picture of myself. Oh my goodness! Where did all those extra pounds come from? There was no cropping or brightening that was going to fix it! There I was in all my chubby glory (and no, I am not going to put the picture on the blog so you can see for yourself).

I have never been much for New Year's resolutions, particularly ones related to weight, but me thinks the time has come. I have the disadvantage of not having anyone who is really going to hold me accountable. (John loves me like I am, bless his heart.) So, will you. my blog reader friend?
Happy New Year

No hay comentarios: